Monday, February 18, 2008

Getting so big!


My baby is now 7 months old today. I can't believe it, but I am also sooooo glad he's getting older. I admit I didn't enjoy having an infant-they are cute to look at, but are so hard. He was fussy, had reflux, and was sick in the hospital a few times. He's so much more fun (not easier per say, but more fun) now that he can actually do things for himself; like sit up, reach for things, talks and laughs, and as of today-holding his own bottle!!

On a different note, Tate was super sick last week. He had the cold from hell that's going around. He cried non-stop for 4 days, didn't sleep, didn't eat, coughed, and couldn't breathe. It was horrible, I felt so helpless as a mother. I took him to the doctor just to make sure it wasn't anything more, and of course he was a complete angel; smiling, laughing and didn't even cough once--why do they do that?? So the doctor probably thought I was just a paranoid mom.But now that he's feeling better he's back to being funny and happy!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ashley, I know I say it all the time, but he is a darling baby!!! I don't just say it for fun he really is. I know what you are talking about, not liking the newborn phase, it is not fun, I have done it three times and although it is easier each time, it still is not fun. Libby is pulling out of it too and I am so glad. As far as things to do durring the day... I have thought and thought about what I did with Whitley when I just had her at that age, and I really don't remember but I do remember that the time between after nap and when Bryan got home was the longest, so you are not alone in that, when he get a little bigger and the weather gets a little nicer there will be more to do. Summer will be awesome with him. Sorry for the novel!

Laurie & Clint said...

Ashley your son is so stinking cute! I just had to tell you that, i am sure you hear it all the time. you are a lucky gal!

Alesha said...

He is such a cute little boy! That age is the funnest, I love like 6 months until there mobile. Then it is a whole different story!