Sunday was my 26th birthday....not really that exciting anymore. Once you pass 21 they're just another day. I'm really not that depressed, it's just weird because I'm fast approaching 30. 26 is basically out of your "mid" and entering your "late" 20's. I feel old.
When I was young I wanted to be old, and now that I'm getting old I want to be young. Not necessarily go back to highschool--please, who wants to go back to drama, boyfriends, and midterms?! But I want to go back to no responsibilities....like my biggest task was to help my mom clean the bathroom and be home by midnight. Now it's pay the bills, do we have enough money to pay the bills, take care of the baby, make dinner, clean the house, go grocery shopping, fix the broken cars, blah, blah, blah. Being an adult sucks. At least I have a cute baby to take care of
:)
5 comments:
Not just a cute baby...adorable. Okay I know, do you secretly think that I want to steal him. Just teasing...I know what you mean about getting older. (ie: I went to Cheryl E. shortly after I had Libby because my face was doing this strange dry thing, and she said "you know your old teenage face regimine is no longer going to work. You are a mother of 3 entering her 30's." Yuck! could she have made it sound any worse. My point is that we are all growing older and though it is no fun...you are right I would not want to be back in the thick of drama...however having all the money I wanted for myself was nice and using as I wished is a thing of the past. Oh well...Happy Birthday!!!
PS. I am a really bad speller, so sorry!
Love the pics! The one of you two is SO CUTE! I hear ya! Phil will be 26 too, it does seem to be o so close to that big 30! YIKES!
Hey Ashely! I just found your blog from Lauries. I agree with the whole being an adult!! So many responsibilites. But- happy birthday to you! And you look just as cute as ever!
I feel ya...responsibilities blow.
Happy birthday to you! And thank you for your rant, you have totally made me look forward to my birthday :/. Seriously though, Tate is so stinking cute! Enjoy him now before he can backtalk you!
Post a Comment