Monday, February 28, 2011

Marley's 1st birthday!

This has been such a fast year, I can't believe Mar is already a year old! It feels really good to put away her baby stuff like the bouncer, exersaucer, and infant car seat; and trade those in for pigtails, dolls and lots of shoes! Her birthday was last Wednesday, and we just gave her a few presents as a family: a stuffed animal dog and a zhu zhu pet dog (she loves dogs:)
Thursday we had a little party with the Love's and tried to do the traditional cake smashing. But being the little dainty thing she is, she was not having any of that. I even tried pushing her fingers in it and she was very irritated.Marley with her Minnie Mouse cake
(She got a lot of clothes and Mickey Mouse stuff--
that is her favorite show)

Then Sunday we had another party with the Wakefield's--where she got more clothes and Mickey Mouse stuff!She was a little more willing to eat a chocolate cupcake this time!
Happy birthday my baby doll! I love you!

4 comments:

melynda said...

she is so cute, love the chocolate face!
happy birthday, M.

Jill said...

How cute! Love that she's so girly she wouldn't touch her cake! What a fast year, I remember reading about her just being born!! My niece went to the pre-school we are sending Spencer to, look up learning tree online...they have a few locations. For the 3 day a week plan it's 125 a month...most of the pre-schools I've found are pretty close to that price range, but don't offer a 3rd day for the 3 yr olds...so I think it's a pretty good deal!

Team Beardshall said...

oh my heart! She is so stinkin cute! I seriously cant even believe that she is already one! That went by fast for me at least! Happy Birthday!

Kristin said...

Wow, she is getting so big. She is such a beautiful little girl! :)