
I'm not gonna lie, having two kids has been really hard. I feel like all we do every day is just survive. When it was just Tate I could play with him a lot , go places, and actually get things done around the house. Now I feel neglectful to the poor kid, I don't know how to tote both kids out places, and my house is a disaster. All I do is feed, burp, change bums, and ward off tantrums 24 hours a day. It's been quite an adjustment that I haven't figured out yet. And Tate definitely is having a hard time adjusting too. We'll just say he's been EXTRA naughty lately and I'm way too exhausted to deal with it.
I am tired.
13 comments:
I know how you feel about neglecting Tate, I had that same feeling for Mickey when Dahlia came around, it will get better, play with him while she is napping, so he gets the attention he needs. I feel bad now because I don't get to play with Dahlia the way I was able to play with and talk to and teach Mickey. you will figure it out hang in there, say lots of prayers!!!
We love you guys. Being a mom is tough, but it comes - eventually. We had so much fun with Tate. Please do call us and we will come and get him. He follows the boys around - no problems.
I was so worried that I had made a mistake when I had two- it was so bad and so stressful! I can remember being so worked up about it all. All I can say is: (and it may not be very comforting now :)). It does get better. Soon there will be little pay offs and then bigger ones (like kids actually obeying in public- I thought that was impossible!) Hang in there! It gets so very much better! I totally understand your need to vent!
Oh Ash...you are not making me feel good right now! I think that venting is a healthy way to express the difficulties of being a stay at home mom to however many kids you have. The only thing I can say is, "This too shall pass." Hopefully it is sooner than later. I can't wait to see you and hear all the details of your life now.
Hang in there and don't hang yourself!
It gets better! The no sleep thing makes it so much harder to handle. Couple of tips that helped us:
At the store, find a parking space right next to the carts. Then you can just put them in and out right there, and you don't have to try to carry a baby seat and a toddler (and a diaper bag...etc.)
Do something with just Tate when Jordan is around to watch Marley - this seemed to help Jaxson a little bit just to get some one on one time like before the baby.
It is a hard adjustment for everybody, for sure, but it gets so fun later! My boys are best buddies now and they would drive me crazy without eachother. Hang in there!
oh man, I remember the days. Just take it one day at a time.
going from one to two was SO hard for me too! (Just a note, going from 2 to 3...easy!) my husband was out of town alot and I remember all three of us, me and my two boys just bawling together. that was long ago now and I look back on that time and can't help but smile.
you can do it!
Hang in there Ash!! It gets easier and better! I love ya!
Let's be honest--newborns are not fun. And super-spirited toddlers like Tate are a bit of a trial (having 1 Tate is kind of like having 2 or maybe 3 children...)But just remember you are not neglecting, you are adjusting AND surviving--and there is nothing wrong with that. (I have just been trying to survive for almost 8 years now......:) Just roll with it and you will be ok. And when you feel really discouraged, just picture me hauling all 4 kids to Walmart--that's always good for some laughs......we love you!
Hang in there! I wish I knew how it felt, but I don't yet! Hopefully, in time you'll get on a routine, and things will get much easier. Just be glad she wasn't twins....or more!
We went through the SAME thing around here. Everything got back to normal when Logan was around 7-8 weeks old. Hang in there. I promise it gets better:)
We're coming to Utah this summer! We'll let you guys know when and we can meet up.
When you ever feel like your lacking in the mothering area, just think of me and all of the times I have forgot about Macy. Leaving her home and not realizing until I got to 12300 South. Leaving her at Little gym. Oops. Sleep deprivation makes everything worse. Just medicate yourself and perhaps tate too. (wait...maybe thats why I have forgotten about Macy so many times.) Let the t.v. be your babysitter and best friend.
Ah survival mode, I know it well. It does pass. I think others pass that stage sooner than I ever have, but it DOES pass.
I would love to sit and rock Marley for you so you can get some sleep. I'd even let Tate teach Sam some of his naughty ways (although I'm sure Sam would teach Tate some of his own).
Ashley are we still on or pictures next week? email me at jean22bean@yahoo.com or cal me at 435 554 3125 thanks I really cant wait to meet little Marley!
Post a Comment