Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Story time...

Marley is now over a week old already! I figured I would hurry and do a quick recap of the birth so I don't forget! We had to check in on Tuesday at 5:00 am, so it was a very early day. But it was so nice because everything went so much smoother and faster this time around; totally different from when I had Tate. The doctor broke my water around 9:00, got the epidural, (like I would do it natural) and went from a 4 to a 10 in under 10 minutes! She came so fast that we didn't even have time to call our parents, so they came after she was already born at 11:30 am.
So far she has been a great baby, I've barely ever heard her cry and she's pretty mellow. I really hope that is a good sign for things to come...My final pregnancy shot...I was so ready to be done!
right after having her...
proud papa!
at the hospital ready to bring her home; they look so tiny in those big carseats!
Tate seeing Marley for the first time, he kept petting her head and pinching her feet
Tate was so excited to hold her for the first time, that's all he kept asking for the whole drive home. He calls her baby Yarley; he can say his "m's" just fine normally, but for some reason he can't say Marley, it's kinda funny.

12 comments:

Jill said...

So adorable!! Congrats on everything going so well. I love the pix of Tate with her, he looks so happy! Congrats.

melynda said...

she is so cute, i think she looks just like tate. i hope you all are doing well. i bet its totally crazy having pink stuff around the house! can we come and visit soon???

The Loves said...

It's about time! She such a sweetie. I am glad we (I) was able to her, finally. We are excited to have pink around!

jay and holl said...

I am so excited for your little family!~ just like ours! boy and girl two and a half years apart! you are going to love it Mickey and Dahlia are best friends and play so well together, they love to make each other laugh! enjoy you sweetie, cant wait to meet her.

sara klein said...

I know I just talked to you yesterday, but look how amazing you already look in that picture! No tummy at all left after what-one day! I am so jealous! Thanks for informing me of the lovely future to come!

Like I said, by the time these little ones come-you will be well adjusted and I will want to scream! You can be my shrink!haha

Annilee said...

Oh Shash, what a cute little button! I am glad to hear that labor was good and that Tate is adjusting well. You of course look fab right after pushing a baby out...lucky girl! I hope she stays mellow for you and doesn't scream like your first! Hope you are doing well!

Alesha said...

Ok you look great! Before, during after! Congrats! I love cute little Tate pinching her toes!

KIM {POPPY SEED PROJECTS} said...

First of all you are the cutest stinking pregnant woman I have ever seen in my life...

Those pictures of Tate seeing his sister for the first time are PRICELESS! I love his little face. What a little doll she is!

NatJerWin said...

Congrats! She is so adorable! Hope things are adjusting well with two now! :)

Mikell Sudweeks said...

Congratulations to you and Jordan! She is beautiful. Sounds like she is a perfect little angel, you deserve a calm one:)

Allyson said...

She is so precious! I'm glad everything went so smoothly for you guys! And it's true - you are such a cute pregnant lady! Love it! CONGRATULATIONS!

Anonymous said...

You look fabulous right after having and extremely adorable baby! I so hope she stays great and is an angel for you!!!

Okay and secondly...I feel like I must have offended you or something...I haven't heard from you forever...hope everything is okay!

Congrats!