We leave on Sunday for Newport Beach and I am all sorts of stressed out. I tend to be like my dad who is a basket case when it comes to travel--I have a list of everything to pack, I have to print out the flight info, and I need to know all itinerary for the whole trip. I know, I need to seriously relax but I can't. So now having a child to pack and deal with is freaking me out. For those of you who are seasoned travelers with children....are there any tricks I should know? I've never taken Tate anywhere so I don't know how to fly with him or what to really take. How do I keep him quiet and entertained during the flight? (mind you, this is a child who can't sit during sacrament for 10 seconds without making some sort of scene).
Tuesday, June 24, 2008
Help me
We leave on Sunday for Newport Beach and I am all sorts of stressed out. I tend to be like my dad who is a basket case when it comes to travel--I have a list of everything to pack, I have to print out the flight info, and I need to know all itinerary for the whole trip. I know, I need to seriously relax but I can't. So now having a child to pack and deal with is freaking me out. For those of you who are seasoned travelers with children....are there any tricks I should know? I've never taken Tate anywhere so I don't know how to fly with him or what to really take. How do I keep him quiet and entertained during the flight? (mind you, this is a child who can't sit during sacrament for 10 seconds without making some sort of scene).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Just be prepared that he probably won't be an angel for the entire flight, and don't worry about bugging the people around you. There is a lot of background noise on an airplane, he would really have to be screaming for many people to hear. For entertainment, get some toys that he has never seen before- from the dollar store. And lots of (low sugar) treats. Good Luck!
EW good luck! Flying with kids is never really fun, and mostly stressful anyway. When Ko was that age we flew to UT and I think he mostly liked watching baby einsten. Normally he would only sit through one but he watched it a few more times. I deff agree with new random gadgets he has never seen before! Food food and more food! Keep their mouths busy with something other than screaming! haha! Good luck!
I cant give you any pointers on packing a kido with you on a trip but just remember that if you forget anything, you can always get it while you are there. I am thinking that you will be a lot less stressed when you get to the good old OC...have a blast!
First off.... LOVE your sister Megan! It was so fun to get to do her hair and sit and chat with her. Icould totally hang out out with her she was so much fun and such an esay person to talk to so thanks again for referring her to me. Secondly... I daon't know how you feel about this but my pediatrician has recommeneded when you are flying with young children, give them a dose of Benadryl. I know that that sounds like abuse of an over the counter drug, but it's not like you are doing it all the time and it won't hurt them. The way I look at is this: either give them the medicine so they will peacefully sleep through the flight, or.........strangle them to death while flying because they are screaming and being naughty. HMmmmmm....doesn't sound very hard choice to me.
P.S. Have aso much fun there. I am so jealous!
Come on now, you will be traveling with three other darling Love Boys - I am sure Tate will be just as wonderful at traveling as they are!!! I've taken all my to different places at all ages, you just wing it! Anyway, the only one that stresses out about the screaming is the parents - all the others on the plane are just grateful that it is not their kid! Look on the bright side it is a short flight and he is not in his "terrible two's" yet like is cousin! and I don't even know what my four year old is - but is not fun!
You will do great. I hope you guys have a blast. Although, I have not done a trip with kids yet that I totally loved. I have decided it is better and more fun to leave the little rascels at home.
Just plan to roll with punches and be flexible--get naps in for him whenever you can! It seems like for us unfamiliar places + tired kid= MAJOR MELTDOWNS. We haven't had to take Jaxson on a plane yet, but I'm all for the drugging him idea :) I bet you will have a blast and will have been so stressed for nothing!
What a great Quote. I just used that picture as my background. Hope Cali is blast.
Post a Comment