Monday, June 16, 2008

Happy Fathers Day!

Well, sort of. Jord was on call and worked all weekend so I barely even saw him. Poor guy, what a crappy way to spend his weekend. But boy did Tate and I have fun for him! We got Tate his new carseat so we can FINALLY turn him around. I don't care that he's not 1 yet, it's close enough.
I put him in it when we got home to see what he'd think....and he said "It's about freakin time lady! I've been cramped in that baby seat for 3 months now!"






Then on Saturday we finally got to go swimming in grandma Love's pool for the first time! I was all excited thinking he'd love it and go crazy....and it was just so-so to him. I don't think he knew what to do with that much water.





Jord was able to come towards the end and swim for a bit before Tate was not having it anymore.


And then this was what Jord got Sunday for fathers day....a wheelbarrow, an electric saw, and cologne. That's when you know your getting old when you get a wheelbarrow as a GIFT.
Shortly after that he had to go to work...sorry it was just a blah weekend for you Jord, I hope you at least enjoyed it a little bit!

7 comments:

jay and holl said...

poor dahlia is crammed in her little baby seat too. hopefully we will be getting a bigger one soon. A wheelbarrow does sound like a lame gift but so useful. we are always barrowing the neighbors. oh and you look way cute in your swimsuit!

Anonymous said...

Yeah we need to make the Car seat change soon too.
working on "your Day" not fun. Glad you had fun swimming...I love summer

The Cowleys said...

I totally know what you mean about the wheelbarrow making you feel old...I keep wondering when I started thinking of yard work as date night.

Danica said...

Your little guy is so cute! I saw you at the T-ville graduation at the U a few weeks ago but I was way to far away to say hi. Crazy that our little bro's are that old huh? Hope all is well! Cute blog Ashley!

Ann said...

I can't believe how big Tate is! How did you two get such a big kid? He's so darn cute. We need to see you guys!
Ann

melynda said...

the big car seats are SO much better, they are just so much happy to be in the car. he is so cute, we really should get together and have a play date.

Alesha said...

I totally turned Koen a few months early too and he wasnt even 20 lbs. I got so sick of him hating the car I said whatever!