But over time, it's gotten easier to deal with. My perspective on it has changed. I realized that not all bad things came from the disease; some really good things have in fact. I was too sick to go back to Utah State that fall of 2001, so I had to stay home and go to school. But I met and married my best friend because of that. I would have never met Jordan if I'd still been up in Logan. I learned that I am stronger than I think I am, and I have a high pain tolerance now:) I value when I am healthy much more than I ever would have known to before. And I have 2 beautiful babies. Growing up I always thought I'd have 4 kids, but I love my little family. I'm totally ok with not being able to have more. I can now give each one more focus and attention that I don't think I could have otherwise.
I still have my ups and downs, and I know this will be my lifelong trial, but I'm learning a lot along the way. Here's to 10 more years!!
7 comments:
Freak! You had me sobbing by the 2nd sentence. I remember Brooke telling me over the phone while I was at work. It was the same week I met Jer. Crazy! I'm pretty sure I told people you had "chroMes" desease for about 2 years! You are so strong and never complain about your health. Two kids is perfect. The world wouldn't know what to do with another Tate, and besides, this world is too stinking over crowded anyway!
Cheers to chronic illness and all that it has to teach us- can't there be an easier, less painful way? You are seriously awesome though, I love that you can see the good through all of the crap!
That is a scary feeling for sure, but you have handled it great! And your little family is perfect just the way it is :). Love you Ash!
Kim
I feel a bit ignorant about this comment, but I really don't know a whole lot about Crohn's disease, when in fact I know more than a few people that have it. I know that some people have an easier time with it than others, while some people would come to the hospital several times a week for treatment in the infusion center. It's always good when we can learn from our own trials (not that it's always fun). But from my own personal experiences I can tell you that your attitude can make a BIG difference, which is why it's great to see that you have a good one. Keep on keepin' on!
Love you Ash! What a great perspective! You're amazing :)
What the Crap...I know right??? Where have I been...I didn't even know you had Crohn's...just teasing I did but I feel like I have been out of it for the past ten years or so! Looking at your blog, I can't believe how big your little cuties are...Tate is huge and Marley is practically a "big girl" Went to the rents ward today and saw your cute Dad, Mom and sis...they make me smile...love you all!!!
Oops...ha!!! That was me Lynae! Like my mom would say what the crap...What the hell maybe but not what the crap! ha!!!
Post a Comment