Thursday, October 21, 2010

You don't have to read, I'm just being whiny


I've never been a big pop drinker....until I had kids. Not because I thought it was bad or anything, I just couldn't stomach it very well. Now it still bothers my stomach, but I will take the trade-off for being able to stay awake and function throughout the day. I'm just so TIRED that sometimes I can't stand it. I seem to only birth children who never want to sleep...ever. They don't nap longer than 30 minutes, and they are up every 2-3 hours at night. Tate is better now, but my gosh he's 3 years old! If Marley is going down this same road, then I still have over 2 years of not getting more than 3 hours of consecutive sleep. Shoot me now. Or just make sure I am always fully stocked with cherry Coke.

6 comments:

Annilee said...

Oh Ash, I think you took a glimpse into my mind and articulated my thought exactly. One difference, Mt. Dew is my crutch...can't live without it these days!

Lindsay said...

At least Tate will Sleep. I am still getting up with Blake at least once sometimes 3 times a night. Plus with the baby now I can't remember what a goodnight sleep feels like :)

The Loves said...

Max is almost 9 and still gets up, but I've finally convinced him that 9 Yearolds don't need his mom to re-tuck in him 2 or 3 times. I still hear him wandering and then hear the "good night mom". Technically, I don't get up, but I am woken up! I wish they all could sleep like Boo and Bear!

Jill said...

Wow. Spencer sleeps well though the night but that's because we took out his light bulbs, put a doorknob cover on the inside, and put all his toys, etc. in his closet that we locked at night. Then, we turned off the monitor, and didn't go in again until morning. It took a week or so but it worked! He hasn't had a nap since he was 1 and a half or so, unless he's sick. It is so hard not getting a break! But, whatever it takes, is totally worth it!

Jeni said...

I don't function on no sleep. I ignored my kids long enough that they now know it's futile to try and pull stunts in the middle of the night. As one of my friends stated, "Sleep is pretty serious at your house." You betcha.

Team Beardshall said...

Cherry Coke is the BEST! I love it! Yeah, sorry about the not sleeping. We are very spoiled in that department. I guess that's what I get being married to Steve....Katy is just like him! But hey I have to commend you for making it work with the whole coke thing! And hey Marley may just turn out to be a sleeper one day, fingers crossed :)