Thursday, April 15, 2010

Marley's blessing

We blessed Marley this past Sunday and I'm so glad it's over! It went perfect and Jordan did an amazing job, but I was just so stressed. I worried about getting my house all clean, having enough food for everyone (whoever came up with the idea of bringing everybody home and feeding them after is just plain ridiculous) , and of course the pressure of bearing your testimony--you know everyone expects you to get up. But after all was said and done, it went well, and it was a great day!This was the best family picture we could get....oh well
"huh?"
4 generations...and it was neat because she wore the blessing dress that I wore on my blessing day.

9 comments:

Annilee said...

What a beautiful little girl...I am glad that you got everything done and enjoyed the day. I love the family picture, trying to get pictures of these toddlers is always a ridiculous adventure. Marley is getting so big...hope you are doing well!

Jill said...

So sweet. Glad everything turned out well! You should've just made food assignments....with engraved cards!

Team Beardshall said...

Glad it's all over for you too! Ha, you are right...whoever thought that having people over thing is crazy!! Ha we have too many kids born in our ward (there are 20 pregos at any given time) to have all the blessings on Fast Sunday...so I got out of that one! But I always expect the moms to get up for sure! Oh and I love the matching BFF cousins outfits. That is how Brynn and Katy are, 6 months apart. I think they like each other and I think it will be fun but I am almost certain that there will be more tears than smiles...you can tell they get on each others nerves!!! So funny! It was good to see you, you are lookin smokin!

The Loves said...

It was a very nice day. Jord did awesome, as did you. Just think, your good for a few years until their baptisms! I love the picture of the 4 generations. I have one of max, josh, steve, and big papa on his blessing day too. Fun times.

Allyson said...

You look great Ash! I'm glad it all went well! She is a darling little girl! And I love that blanket with her name on it! So cute!

jay and holl said...

glad to hear you survived! I never have born my testimony when my children are blessed that is a dumb tradition, Ill do it when I want to do it!

Ann said...

My biggest stress associated with the blessing day is if my child is going to have a big diaper blow-out all over their adorable white clothes. The very thought of it makes me cringe.

I love the 4 generation picture. That is so cool that Marley wore your blessing dress. She is so beautiful!!

Ann said...

P.S. Ash, you look beautiful as well! Certainly not like someone who's just had a newborn!

megan thomas said...

That picture of Tate looks like Jord. Maybe it's the "huh? what?" look, but it's funny. Oh sweet little Marles. I hope that blessing dress doesn't curse her. You've seen my children right? I keep forgetting to tell you...I thought for sure when your bish told you to stand up and be recognized, that he would ask you to come up and bare your testimony!