Monday, January 25, 2010

Pre-school!!

Tate started pre-school today! I know that most kids don't start until they're 3 or so, but he's so bored and needs something to do a few days a week. And I found a great place that has a class just for 2 and 3 year olds. So him and his cousin Hailey are in it together two days a week. There's only one little problem....he cried and cried when I left him. And basically continued to cry for alot of the class time. Oh, and at one point tried to CLIMB out of the window and escape. Hmmm...
But the teacher was really good at distracting him and explained to me that alot of kids do that their first couple of times (the crying, not the climbing out of the window:) we just need to keep going and give it time. I think he really will love it eventually; here's to hoping it gets better...

5 comments:

Alesha said...

Awe is he Koen? That is so what Koen does/did, hopefully did. haha he has been out since we moved but will be starting again next moonth. I know the babe and anticipation of that and moving made KO a little KOOKOO! haha good luck!

Jeni said...

Cal is starting next school year (September). It's only three days a week for three hours each day. Two of her little friends from church will be in her class. I think it will be good for her. Tate will adjust. Does he have a hard time in nursery?

Annilee said...

What a big boy...he is going to be reading before you know it. I am glad that you found a way to channel his energy on someone else's watch. I always LOVE Tate stories!

Allyson said...

What a rebel :) He's clearly your child! That will be a great break for both of you - especially when your new little baby comes!

Mikell Sudweeks said...

Ashley, it was fun running into you & Tate the other day! We should have gone to lunch with the kids. I didn't think about it until I was home. All I could think of standing there was "That door is going to squish one of my kids." Anyway, we should run into eachother more often:)