Monday, March 2, 2009

Goodbye old friend....hello big boy bed!!

I would like to say farewell to an old friend who's been good to us for 19 months. But now you no longer serve your original purpose--you are now a balance beam, a climbing wall, and a diving board. Til' the next child.....

Now, say hello to our new bed:

Ta-da!! Tate loves it....well he loves jumping on it. Hopefully someday I can get him to actually sleep in it. (I'm hoping the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse bedding will draw him to it...)

9 comments:

Jeni said...

We haven't taken the next step to a big bed yet. However, I didn't give birth to a little monkey, so we'll stick with bars for a little while longer:)

I love him strutting his stuff on that new bed.

Alesha said...

So cute! That is about when I did with Ko too. It is true there comes a time that the crib really isnt serving its intended purpose. Gotta do whatever ya can to draw them in huh?

Amie said...

That is so crazy that he is all over the crib. How fun to get him a new bed.

melynda said...

you guys are brave! i dont dare, too chicken!

Annilee said...

Good for Tate, I hope he stays in it too! I am not looking forward to that transition, Cannon sleeps so good in his bed right now. I am sure that he will find something new to climb...

The Loves said...

It is so cute! How is the character bedding working out? I was glad to see the mention of a "next child". Is that an announcement??? We are so proud of Tate! and his parents for not buying a crib tent!!!

Ann said...

Yay for big beds! I can't believe how tall Tate is. Whose genes did he get on that one?!

Anonymous said...

For reals though...when the bed becomes a jungle gym...that is when you have to make a change...luckily for libs she is staying put...but Claire got out way early on. I am hoping to keep Libby in for another few years...just to set a record since our kids have always had to be moved out for the next...sickning eh?

Tiff said...

He's getting so big!!!!