Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Cry Baby!

For some reason I have been doing alot of crying lately--and I'm usually not a crier. (and NO I'm not pregnant) I cried watching The Biggest Loser, cried watching P.S. I Love You-seriously, have you seen that movie?? Good lord, I bawled the entire 2 hours! And Tate has also made me do some crying- I cried when he burned his foot really bad last week on my hair straightener coz' I felt so awful....but mostly he makes me cry out of frustration! He's been so naughty, and whiney, and clingy, and throwing huge tantrums.....and I can't stand it. Oh, and this he does now for fun when I want him to go to sleep.

So today he had his 18 month check up and I talked to the doctor about it all. (fyi for my own record: 21.9 lbs-10% and 33 in 50%) He said I need to quit calling him naughty or he'll live up to that name. I need to call him my good boy all the time instead, even when he's being naughty. So here's to my GOOD BOY, you better live up to THAT name.

14 comments:

The Cowleys said...

Oh man...PS I love you is torture! I didn't STOP crying for days! I will try that advice from you doctor...terrible twos, here we come!

Hess Fam said...

PS I love you!! I bawled my eyes out like I was sobbing!! It was so embarrassing!! and we are going through the same crib thing right now with max!! What are you going to do? I am debating if we should do the bed thing now or what!! It makes me so mad!!!

Annilee said...

Ash-best advice I have is to invest in a crib tent. My nephew is Tate's age and Santa just brought him one for Christmas. It covers the whole top so they can't get out. A toddler bed would be a nightmare at his age. I think they are like $40 and well worth it. I cry at the Biggest Loser too, I pray I never get like that! I love ya and I feel your pain with a "good boy!"

megan thomas said...

Well I've always been a bawler. I cried watching Obama today, and I don't even like the guy! You can still call Tate names, just not to his face. I do it all the time! Me and the girls keep watching this video and Hailey says, "no no tater, get back in" over and over. He is hilarious! Yeah, better invest in the crib tent.

melynda said...

linc got out the same way, but not graceful. he would just fling himself off.
i cry a lot too, and thanks for the "good boy" advice!

WRYUN said...

Uh, good luck, that's all I can say since I haven't been there yet, if you figure anything out along the way, pass along the advice so I don't cry myself through the two's as well.....

Steve said...

Oh my sweet naive Loves...it gets worse, much worse. Well, have a good day!

Bethany said...

Seriously? Tate is amazing! I dont Jax STILL could crawl out of the crib if he wanted? Nice job! (POOR MOM though!) I do have to say that your post made me feel good. You took some words right out of my mouth! If you figure out the tantrum thing, sell it in a bottle. You will make MILLONS (or at least a wad from me) Good thing- so far the second child is an angel.

Jeni said...

Wow...you really DO have a climber! I'm glad Calyn is more "lady-like." I don't know what I would do if I couldn't contain her behind bars:)

Doesn't it just make ya wanna have a second one?:)

Ann said...

First off, I cried at the Biggest Loser too and I didn't even know what was going on. Who cries at shows like that? Us obviously. And that video of Tate is hilarious! I can't believe how big he is (especially considering his Snow and Love genes).

KIM {POPPY SEED PROJECTS} said...

HAHAHA- I am laughing my butt off, sorry. My brother did that really early and they had to put him in a bed (I don't know how they kept him in it to get him to sleep though).

Seriously, about what the dr. said though, I learned in a child development class that to teach children positive behavoir, we have to be overwhelmingly positive. It makes sense that if all they hear all day is no no, don't touch that, don't do that, etc., they will start to tune it out. But if we praise them as much as we can for the good things, then when they do hear a negative it stands out to them instead of just blending in and being ignored. It is so much harder to do than it sounds! But it really works.

Anonymous said...

Kim is exactly right with the positive reinforcement thing. It worked like a charm with my 4th graders-luckily that is how I got into the habit of saying good things all of the time to kids. Not a habit I would've formed otherwise!

I do find myself always telling Connor what a good boy he is-maybe that is why is good! haha JK He can be naughty sometimes too. I guess teaching my little beasts at school actually helped me with something! Who knew!

Tate might be naughty, but he is cute!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, let me tell you, I know all about that stuff, I think Claire was about that old when she started to climb out of her crib and it made me so so stinkin' mad. Libby is throwing crazy fits also. I hate it!!! I thought it was because she is sick but it has not stopped. Oh boy what to do!!! I can promise you it does get worse, but then it gets better...I used to think that Whitely was always going to be my prob child, but now Claire is Kicking and lying, and being naughty just because...life is grand eh?

Anonymous said...

Ash, Please let me know when you guys come down here...not that I want to take away from grandma time but I would love to see you guys and maybe we could all go to the museum together!