Friday, January 2, 2009

The Christmas Recap

I figured I better hurry and post about our Christmas because I have a few other posts coming soon! (Jord is in New Orleans at the Sugar Bowl as I write) We spent Christmas Eve with the Love's going to dinner, Temple Square, and opening jammies. Well maybe I should say everybody else ate dinner while me and Jord took turns chasing Tate all over Texas Roadhouse--let me tell you how fun that was.We then slept at my parents house with Meg and her kids--this was probably the last year doing that since we all have kids and it's getting harder to do. But it was awesome to have all the kids wake up and see what santa brought them, they were so excited.

This 4-wheeler probably wasn't the smartest idea, all Tate did half the morning was drive it all over the house running into everyone. But I thought it was so cute!

My parents gave Tate this couch and he was so excited that he wouldn't even finish unwrapping it because he just wanted to sit on it.Jord spoiled me this year! This is me and my super happy face after seeing my new ipod--I think I was the last person on earth who didn't have one.Jord's parent gave Tate this cool space train set, and Jord spent hours playing and putting it together. I think he likes it more than Tate does! We had a great Christmas, and I loved just being around family and hanging out more than anything.

8 comments:

megan thomas said...

Where is the most fun ever new years post? I keep thinking about blogging, but I think I will just refer my blog to yours. Too tricky

Anonymous said...

No, Ash, you are not the last person in the world to not have an ipod...I still don't even get what they do!haha Cute pictures!

Hess Fam said...

max got that truck too and it is by far his favorite thing in the world!! He thinkns he is so cool riding that thing around the house!!

Annilee said...

I love the space train, where did they get it? Glad to see that Tate is as spoiled as Cannon. Cannon was happy with the first present and was bugged to keep opening more. Note to Santa...one present for a two year old is enough.

Jeni said...

No, you're not the LAST person to get an Ipod...I still don't have one:) I did, however, get my Kitchenaid food processor that I had been drooling over for the past year. We really enjoyed seeing Jordan down here in New Orleans. Now we just need to get you and Tate to visit!

melynda said...

we got linc that same space train set and adam did the same thing!! you got way cute pictrues, i didnt get very good ones i suck!! lets get together, i am free whenever, call me.

Ann said...

I love how kids get stuck on one present and could care less about the rest. Makes me wonder why I get my kids anything when all they do is unwrap the box and spend the next 10 mintues playing with it. Next year we're just asking Santa for boxes. It looks like Tate had a fabulous Christmas. And don't worry Ash, you're not the last person to get an ipod. I wouldn't even know what to do with one.

Anonymous said...

Love the new pic of you and tate on the side. Sounds like Christmas was fun! We have decided the same thing on sleeping at the Lovell's it is too much work trying to do Christmas at someone elses house. Did Santa plan similar gifts for the kids. Leash and I should have coordinated better. Koen got some pretty cool stocking stuffers and my girls were sad! Just another reason for doing christmas at your own house right?
P.S. I don't own an Ipod, so you were not quite the last person on earth...I think I will be because that is too far down on the "want" list at the moment! I am such a brat eh?