Sunday, May 25, 2008

What we've been up to....

We have been busy re-doing our kitchen and front room. The fun and excitement wore off pretty fast once we realized what we'd really gotten ourselves into. We had to take off this hideous 1980's border, paint, get a new faucet, re-caulk, and paint, paint, paint.....






(I look super hot in my apron....I ruined an outfit painting the kitchen so you do what you gotta do)







I don't really have any before pictures, but here are a few of the finished products:
(You can't really see, but the kitchen is now yellow)




















We've also been doing alot of this when the weather is actually nice....
I love love doing my pots












But most of all, we've been doing ALOT of this











because of this:

Cutting our top two teeth if you can see it. If this lasts much longer I might just run away.

16 comments:

The Ballou's said...

oh remodeling.. It sucks, but it is worth it in the end. I love your green paint color. Very cute. Sloan has four teeth all on the bottom. It is kind of funny looking, but she cut them at the same time. It was rough. Tate is so flippin cute.

Alesha said...

I love your clock and pillows on your couch! The paint looks great with them! Ewww...teeth bite...haha no pun intendted. Put I think Ko is getting his two year molars! Then we are done! YAHOO!

Annilee said...

Oh Shash, I will soon feel your pain. We are going to attempt to take wallpaper off the kitchen and bathroom walls and repaint when we get to San Antonio. I love the green you chose, I am thinking about a green-what color is it? Also, have you heard of teething tablets for Tate, they are herbal and you just put them under their tongue and they dissolve. They seem to help Cannon, you can get them at Walmart, the brand I have are Hylands Teething Tablets. Anyway, the house looks awesome, I will have to come see in July.

Team Beardshall said...

It's all worth it after it's done! Looks great! I bet you'll miss that border in your kitchen though!

Lindsay said...

Well I personally liked the 80's look in the kitchen. It looks great you did a good job. Good luck with teething Blake just cut his last one like 2 months ago.

Amie said...

I love that green color!!!! That is so fun that you get to do your own thing. I also love planting things out side and in my pots and I hope to be able to plant some watermelon like you suggested. NO fun that Tate has been crying a lot I hope that it doesn't last long.

Ann said...

Your house looks great! Now that you are all praticed up, do you want to come do mine? I so want my family room/kitchen painted, but don't have the courage to do it.

Tate is such a cute boy ( I was going to say cute little boy, but I can't believe how big he is!).

Jeni said...

Remodeling AND teething? You're brave. Unfortunately, the teething is pretty much constant until age 2. Right now Calyn is cutting her bottom molars. Yuck.

Jeni said...

Ashley, I get most of my recipes from the magazine "Everyday Food." It is a Martha Stewart publication. It's about the size of a TV Guide. You can find it at the grocery store. I have a subscription. It's my favorite food magazine.

melynda said...

teeth are the worst. good luck with that! the house looks great, i cant believe we havent been invited to see it yet!!! but i love that you blog, its like we talk all the time!
ps, i didnt know your address and ashley ballou is doing lia sophia party at my house on june 4th,6:30 so i would love it if you could come. bring anyone you want.

Sara said...

Yuck, I hate painting- but it looks awesome! I agree about the teeth, they are the WORST! I hate when the kid is in pain and there isn't too much I can do about it. Like Annilee, teething tabs worked well for Lucas. Hope it goes quickly for you and Tate!

Amie said...

Ok so I really don't do that many crafty things for my kid. That is why I have to brag about when I do something. Most the time I let her sit and watch signing time or just play with her toys so I can do my stuff. Yu could do the quiet book it was way easy I just didn't have the time to ever finish it. It was mostly just coloring and ironing pieces together. then straight sewing.

Anonymous said...

Okay everything looks so good. I need a great big clock...how big is the one you have? I love to plant a few flowers too. I didn't reolize I would like pruning them like I do...am I a grandma? Oh Teeth, that is funny that you said that because I am pretty sure libs is getting her bottom two... Are you still nursing?

KIM {POPPY SEED PROJECTS} said...

Your house looks great! I love remodeling/repainting and I drive Mark nuts with all my project ideas that he gets roped into at our house. Teething is the WORST...the only benefit is that when your kids are being super naughty, you can just tell people "oh, he's teething", and they will all feel bad for you instead of thinking your kid is a brat. We need to get together when Annilee comes in July!!

jay and holl said...

hey Ash i linked from jens blog to yours, so now we can keep in touch and we can see your sweet little boy all the time. we feel your pain with the house stuff this spring we took on out bathroom, kithen and the floor in our living room. i love the colors you chose!

Jami Weight said...

We too are re-modeling and at first you are all excited for the change but tthen yourealize how much effort it actually takes to do the change, especially with kids hanging around. But I do love what you have done with your living room so cute. i will have to post pictures of our newly re-modeled bedroom, as soon as it gets finished!