Monday, March 14, 2011

Our first broken bone...

....and it wasn't even Tate! I would've bet money that our first broken bone would've been him since he's so wild, but it was Marley! Last Thursday I was in the kitchen and Marley somehow climbed up on the couch and fell off the side. I heard her scream and found her laying on her back, but when I picked her up her arm looked really weird. And then she tried to push herself up on her arms and her right arm bent in half at her forearm, it scared the crap out of me! So Jord came home to stay with Tate while Kathy came with me to the ER. After waiting....and waiting...the x-ray showed both bones in her arm were broken. So they splinted it for a few days until the swelling could go down, then today I took her to get her real cast. She really has been so brave these past few days! She just does everything left handed now. My cute little bug with her big pink cast.

8 comments:

Alesha said...

OMG that really is the saddest cutest thing ever.

WRYUN said...

What a nightmare! Sorry you two had to go through that. Glad to see she is better now. :-(

Btw, the word verification for me to approve this post is "immhot"! DANG STRAIGHT! LOL

Jill said...

Wow, my hubs rocks! Poor Marley! oddly enough, we have some friends with a little girl whose name is also Marley, and she broke her arm sometime last summer! Hopefully she feels better soon and gets that cast off!

Kristin said...

Poor thing! I hope she heals quick. On a positive note, she looks adorable in that little cast.

melynda said...

oh my gosh, i feel sick to my stomach. poor baby, i am so sorry.

Team Beardshall said...

nice, welcome to the club! It's always the things you wouldn't expect it would be! Poor thing.....hopefully it's water proof, that saved me with Katy's leg! Good luck!

Ann said...

I sorta thought Tate would be your first broken bone too. That sounds scary! Poor little Marley. I know how impossible it is to get sleeves over casts, and yet you can't do sleeveless right now because the skinny little thing would freeze! I think I have the perfect solution. I'm going to send a little package in the mail for you and hope it'll help.

Jeni said...

Well, I'm glad you found my blog again!! I just changed the address because I didn't like having our last name in the blog address...and we don't live in Baton Rouge anymore:) I tried to get the word out, but you're not on Facebook anymore and I don't have an email address for you! Glad we "reconnected"! (I feel like I used way too many "!!!" in this comment)