
I've been trying lately to think differently about my kids qualities that I don't particularly like. Such as Tate's extreme stubbornness and need for complete independence, or Marley's oversensitivity and desire to wake up at exactly 5 o'clock every day. I've complained for so long about how irritating these things are, and it's not doing me any good. These things are not going to change, because that's who these little people are (well, dear lord please let us sleep in just a little later someday). So I'm trying to resolve how I hope these qualities will benefit them when they are older.
I hope that Tate's stubbornness to do (or not do) anything unless he wants to will help him as a teenager to resist temptation to do what he knows isn't right. I hope it will make him stand up for what he believes in and not waver. I hope he is determined in whatever path he chooses and is unrelenting in achieving it. I hope his independence makes him unafraid to be himself. I hope he wants to stand out and not disappear into the crowd. I hope he always has that fire in him I see every day.
I hope Marley will always have that sensitivity that will make her compassionate to everyone around her. I hope it drives her to befriend everyone and refuse to exclude others. I hope that her being such a morning person will mean she is excited for each day, and can't wait to start her life. I hope her stubbornness will continue into womanhood so that people can see she is a strong independent person; I hope that also drives her to become whomever she decides to be and not let anyone tell her otherwise.
I hope...
9 comments:
I like the positive attitude! Any advice for Kaige? I love those two little kiddoes!
Good plan! Sometimes it is hard not to just be bugged right? But it is true...it gets you no where! :)
It's the creeper again...I must admit reading your post made me cry, and for whatever it's worth... Motherhood changed drastically for me when I stopped wishing my child was different (Oh the stories I have). Her spirit came to me for a reason, and no matter how inadequate I might have felt as a mother due to her extreme behaviors (so many times I believed that I was getting this whole motherhood thing wrong)...I realized that I have her for a reason, and she has me for a reason. Thanks for being so honest in your blog...it's been like a breath of fresh air.
This post could not have come at a better time for me! It's nice to know I'm not alone in sometimes wishing my kids were different in certain ways. Your attitude is inspiring and makes me want to be better. Thanks :)
Excellent post! Amen.
Isn't it funny how we can't stand certain things about our kiddos when we think they're perfect as newborns? I'm trying to do the same thing with Spencer, and focus on all his good so that we have great days, and are just a little happier!
ok, i love this post. i tell myself stuff like this everyday! mostly that linc will be an angle in high school. and everyone else is going feel the way i feel now!! sorry if you have been having a hard time. but your kids are so sweet, and you are an amazing mom. your words were so sweet, i loved how you put everything it was perfect. lets get together soon.
Hey Ash, email me please. I need a favor. rhnrksn@gmail.com
Sorry to post this on your blog, you can delete this comment. Don't know any other way to get a hold of you.
Thanks!
-Ryan
Oh boy do I know what you are talking about!!! I can only pray that my kids turn out to be all I hope for them. I started thinking about who they would marry the other day and It was giving me some serious anxiety...so I have decided not to look to far into the future or I might have a melt down! Ha!!! I can't believe how big your kids are getting and how dang cute they are!!!
Post a Comment