Friday, December 3, 2010

My explorer...

Marley is at that stage where you literally turn your back for 5 seconds and they're into something. I feel alot more relaxed this time around though, with Tate I'd hurry and grab him; with Mar I.....grab the camera. Well, except when I found her LICKING the toilet the other day.



On a completely different note, I am obsessed these days with finding fun new family traditions for the holidays. I want my kids to look back on their childhood like I do and think of all the awesome things we did together. So one of the new traditions I'm excited about is one I think everybody now knows about called The Elf on the Shelf. On November 30th Santa dropped off a present at the doorstep to Tate and Marley. Tate opened it and there was our elf and a book. We read the story about Buddy the Elf (that's the name Tate gave him) and every day he "hides" somewhere new and watches the kids so he can report back to Santa each night if they're being good. Tate has loved every morning so far trying to find him; if it starts helping his behavior knowing Santa is watching maybe Buddy will stick around all year long...

7 comments:

The Loves said...

I'm glad you got your elf! It has helped kaige a lot! Only problem is when i forget to hide him before they wake up! And I bet Jord had a cow when Mars licked the toilet!

Jill said...

Ewwwwwwwww, I freaked when Spencer licked the toilet! So gross, when they see you do your business in it, it's amazing they still want to lick it! So, you're the second person that's done the adopt the elf thingy, and I've never heard of it before....I'm thinking I may have to do it next year! Where'd you get it??

Sara Klein said...

That elf is sooooo freaky looking, it would give me nightmares- thanks a lot Ash, now I am not going to be able to sleep! JK If it gets your child to be obedient I guess it's okay that it kind of looks like the devil...okay I will stop with the jokes! haha I am totally kidding. See ya Tuesday:)

Team Beardshall said...

That is too funny. I am surprised you didn't want to get the camera for the licking of the toilet! I have heard a lot about this elf on the shelf idea, and although I don't entirely agree with Sara thinking he is scary....it looks like a fun idea. I guess we'll have to start that one too. But I love how you hide him every day. Haven't heard that one and will have to try that as well!

Allyson said...

She's too cute to be mischevious - that's probably how she's so sneaky :) And that's a fun idea with the Elf on the shelf!

melynda said...

oh dont you love elf on the shelf. i wish lincoln wanted to act better for him. ours is Elliott.
love the pictures of marley.

megan thomas said...

Your elf looks like it need to go potty! Hailey said she was going to cry when "Jeffery" went away. I'm with you, I want him around all year. Don't even get me started on kids and toilets either. I would welcome toilet licks compared to what I've seen.