Tuesday, August 10, 2010

I never thought I'd be so excited

One of the things that I've realized since becoming a mom is that it's funny (sad possibly?) how excited you get over things you never would have thought twice about before. Such as exhibit A:Having the 3 year old fully potty trained is comparable to winning the lottery. And I probably save as much money too not having to buy diapers. I haven't pushed him at all because he's had no interest, then one day he decided he was ready--it's been awesome! I take no credit though, it was nothing that I did. And exhibit B: Having her hair barely long enough to put in a little clip. So exciting for me!

7 comments:

Jill said...

As soon as I saw the title to your blog, I though, "oh, how lucky, he's potty trained!" And she is so adorable!! Love the bow. I've been trying to train Spencer, but he's not too interested...guess we'll wait a while longer!

Alesha said...

It really is so true! Potty training is not fun, I am glad it didn't seem to be too bad for you! And yes she is so cute with her little pony.

Annilee said...

Oh Ash...yea for you you! ONE kid in diapers is enough for any mother. Marley is so stinkin cute I can't stand it. Cannon is convinced that this little girl will have lots of hair...in my dreams! Hope you enjoying Tate's moment of making good choices...

KIM {POPPY SEED PROJECTS} said...

Ha! I am LOVING the little hair coming through the clip. Hey, it is totally long enough!

Anonymous said...

seriously you could quite possibly put "Piggy's" in that hair! She is adorable Ashley!!! They both are... and really those little things are the biggest things to a mom because the are so few and far between sometimes...I hear you loud and clear!!!

melynda said...

oh my gosh they are getting SO big, lets get together soon. we miss you guys

Ann said...

Yay Tate! Isn't it such a liberating feeling to have one out of diapers? I don't plan on Sam being potty-trained until he's in kindergarten. I feel like you do, why push it? He'll get there one day.

And look at that cute Marley! I love the hair, and look at those eyes!