Friday, September 25, 2009

Crazy Tate

Tate is apparently just as wild sleeping as he is awake during the day. He hasn't been sleeping as great lately-he rolls all over the place and he kept getting stuck against the wall, and he's just been getting really cramped in his toddler bed. So we decided to try my old bed that's been sitting in our garage to see if it helped. It's been awesome! He sleeps better and loves being able to sprawl out, and he sleeps in later too. I don't even care that it takes up the entire room!

Taking apart his old bed. And this picture kind of shows my 4 month baby bump....I'm in that stage where you just look like your getting chubby, not really pregnant. His new Cars bed! He just likes that it's even more space to jump on now
Then the other morning I was trying to hurry and get ready for an appointment so I left Tate downstairs unsupervised....never a good idea. In a matter of like 10 minutes he had gotten up on the counter and dumped Jordan's protein drinks everywhere. Of course I had to take a picture first before cleaning up the disaster that was all over the kitchen...and he was happy as could be.
Then that same day me and Jord were out working in the yard and Tate was running in and out of the garage with his toys. We weren't really paying attention until he came out throwing all this blue stuff around. So I went over and it was a bunch of D-Con rat poison, and he was spitting something out of his mouth too. Aaagghh! So we took him in and called poison control and they actually weren't too worried. I guess he would have to have eaten the entire box to really hurt him. So note to self, if your child eats a little D-Con it's ok apparently...

8 comments:

Amie said...

That is so good that he is sleeping better now. We just moved Camrie into a toddler bed and she has been loving it. I was nervous but it has seem to be fine.

Annilee said...

Wow, I wonder if we get Cannon a bigger bed if he will sleep better. He has always been a champion sleeper until we came home from Utah, he now has to have the light on, the door open and he still gets up during the night and at the crack of dawn. I love to see Tate's antics, makes me feel better! Love the TINY baby bump!

The Loves said...

We love Crazy Tate - he is just a boy! I love those Jammies. Do they still glow in the dark? Did the toddler bed even make it a year?

The Bells said...

Oh man, what a stinker! Good to know about the rat poison, thanks for the heads up :).

megan thomas said...

I can't wait to threaten my kids with rat poison now I know it won't do much damage. You sass me in my house, you don't get soap. You get D-Con.

Team Beardshall said...

Love it! I am thinking that when Katy is out of the crib we may just go to my old bed as well...sounds like that may be a good way to go. Happy Anniversary! I think that sounds like a blast...Brit says that Maddox is great, we'll have to try it sometime. Plus Congrats on the girl. I know you said that she is due on the 3rd but I think you should shoot for the 6th (my bday!) Ha I am sure you dont want to go a day over if it's not needed! Any names??? Good luck with that one. I guess that is one of the hardest parts. I would love to have one of each so you are set!!!

Anonymous said...

Good to know about the D-con...ha! Um so yeah, I think we might be in the running for a similarly crazy day...why oh why must my kids get into everything...and why oh why can I not do anything in any other place in the house with out a mess occurring!

The big bed is fabulous...we just jumped strait to the big bed with Whitley and it was great...now we have 2 toddler beds in one room...go figure!

Jeni said...

Ash, I grew out my hair with my first pregnancy. It was seriously, not exaggerating, 3 ft. long! Ridiculous. This time, my hair was a little past my shoulders and I got sick of spending 30 minutes fixing it. All I did was wear a pony tail every day. I figured with my kid count going up, I needed an easier 'do. Such a mom:)