Sunday, December 7, 2008

Wheeler Farm

All the years when I was growing up, the whole month of December was fun-not just Christmas day. We made cookies, went to see Santa, went to temple square to see the lights, walked to the decorated ZCMI windows downtown (remember those?), etc. And even though Tate is still too young to even understand any of it, I want to do those same things with him. So last night we started out this season by going to Wheeler Farm to see the lights. Meg and the girls came with us, and it was super fun just to walk around. Side note if your going: do what we did and walk around yourself, nobody else does it. We weren't about to pay the $5.00 a person just to ride the tractor and get a cup of hot chocolate--I can make my own at home for free.
Tate was so bundled up he looked like Randy from A Christmas Story...."I can't put my arms down!"....

11 comments:

Annilee said...

So fun, looks cold there, maybe I do enjoy the 70 degree weather we are having. Cannon has the same coat as Tate, they must be BFFs. And yes, who doesn't remember the ZCMI windows, wanted to eat them every year!

Anonymous said...

That does look like fun...and I totally agree...I was just talking to Bryan about taking the girls on Trax down town to Temple square...I think they would love it because I always loved it when we did that as kids...Minus the Trax part of course!

The Loves said...

That sounds like fun. I love Tate's coat!!! I can't wait for Zoo Lights. Did jord think that it was too cold?? If he complains about how cold it is at zoolights, I am going to remind him that he went to wheeler farm and survived just fine!

WRYUN said...

Looks fun, thanks for the great idea, I know Spencer won't remember it at all, but we are doing the same thing and having fun all month long, tonight is This is the place night!

Team Beardshall said...

Tate looks so cute in his warm clothes!!! I love the Randy comment, Christmas Story is my favorite!!! And I love that you are practical as well....hot chocolate at home sounds good to me!!!

Bethany said...

I didn't know Wheeler Farm did lights! Fun! Glad you are over the scrooge days of thanksgiving :) I agree, let's celebrate ALL DECEMBER LONG!

Jeni said...

Bummer that YOU can't come...it would be nice to actually meet in person...oh well. We come to Utah occasionally. Next time we're there, we'll drop by for a visit. Well, Jordan is still more than welcome to stay with us if he wants. Tell him to email Aaron at asmangum@yahoo.com and they can work out details, etc.

Go Utes!

melynda said...

love it!! i miss those zcmi windows by the way. i have never gone to wheeler farm for the light i might have to try it. see you tomorrow, we cant wait!!

Ann said...

I don't think your kids can ever be too young to start (or carry on) all those fun family traditions! Looks like you guys had a great time.

WRYUN said...

Well, This is the Place cost $6.00 per person, and Spencer was free. All the activities were included. It was a little bit, but we had a great time, and I think we got our money's worth with all the stuff there was to do.

Tiff said...

You guys look cold! But looks like you had fun. We might have to check it out! And you could totally pull off bangs, by the way! =) Yes, we will be at the Christmas party next week. How about you guys?