Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Our favorite toys right now...

Lately all Tate wants to do is drink out of my spray bottle. I have to fill it up with water for him and he walks around all day like this. Maybe I'll start filling it with milk or something....

And my new favorite toy is this: (I think it's adorable, it looks like a backpack)Yep, I am one of those mom's that you see in the mall and feel bad for the kid because he's stuck to a leash like a dog. But frankly I don't care, and Tate loved it! He thought it was the funnest thing ever. I really had no choice, he is awful to take places. The second I let him down he is off running far far away, he could care less where I am. So I borrowed this from Meg and it is the best.This picture I just had to post because look at the kids poor forehead! It's full of bruises and goose eggs. I love that he can walk, but jeez, quit running into walls already.

10 comments:

NatJerWin said...

He is so cute! I have to laugh at the fact that Tate thinks the child leash is funny. I would think that kids would hate it. :)

Alesha said...

K the pray bottle is so cute. I remember before I had kids, when I use to see parents with those leash things and I would feel bad for the kid UNTIL now, having a kid I realize how they are not sad they are NECESSARY! I have almost got one about 100 times. But no K is a little bigger and doesnt need one as much.

The Loves said...

seriously, I can't believe that you leashed my nephew!!! I think that it is funny that he likes it. Have you ever heard kathy's story about how she used to leash jord! They are funny. I have used the leash as a threat for Bear, but he then decides to stay by me!

WRYUN said...

Just don't yank him around and junk! This old lady in our ward brings her grandaughters to church on those freakin leashes and they are always falling over and running into things because the old bag walks them and yank them all over.

At least the boy likes it! LOL

Good job Ash!
-Ry

megan thomas said...

Have you ever thought about tying the leash to a chair or something and heading out to go shopping by yourself? Maybe he needs to always be in it so he won't run into walls.

Jeni said...

I LOVE those harnesses! Calyn has the same thing, except hers is the bear instead of the dog. When we go anywhere she wants to "awk" instead of riding in the cart. The problem is, she runs away. So, out came the harness. It's been a lifesaver. And, she loves it. She wants to hug it when we're not using it:)

Anonymous said...

Yeah right he got those bruises from falling...quit beating your child Ash, or else I will have to report you! haha

We need to hang out again...of course we know we won't until Annie is back in town, but it's not a shame to wish eh! JK

Ann said...

I think Halle and Tate could be good friends. Halle too has a doggy "backpack". One day while we were shopping and she was running in the other direction, I pulled on it to get her to follow me and she went crashing to the floor. I was mortified and was afraid someone would call social services (especially since she's a drama queen and screamed VERY loud). Now the backpack sits on a shelf with her other stuffed animals.

Tate is such a cute boy. I love his mischievious littly smile in the last picture. So cute!

Bethany said...

Oh the child leash. Love it! I was so desperate with Jax one day, I busted the monkey one open right in the walmart aisle. Yes, I paid for it. But, oh is it nice. Now Lily thinks it is an adorable stuffed animal....little does she know...
Tate is adorable. I love the spray bottle.

Tiff said...

He is getting SO CUTE! And I totally think those backpack things are great. Better than letting your kid get lost, kidnapped, or run over by a car!!!