so Tater (poor kid, he'll grow up thinking his real name is Tater since we ALWAYS call him that) had his 1 year appointment last week and he's 19 lbs 10 oz (10%) and 30 in. (50%)...he's getting tall and skinny! He really isn't my baby anymore, he's lost that baby face look and he's not the chunker he used to be. He's a little boy! And he acts like a little boy too-that's not so fun. He's into throwing major tantrums over everything. As in melts to the floor screaming, bangs his head, and flails around like a dying fish. I can at least walk away from him when it's at home, it's the aisles of Walmart that it's a tad more embarrassing. Any advice? I asked the doctor and all he does is laugh and say "I wish I could tell you it gets better, but it doesn't." Thank you.
The good news is he's close to walking. This video is a month old so he's really wobbly, and it's funny because he gets pissed that he can't turn around....hence the small tantrum at the end. But I love it, he can now fly around the room with that elmo mower, and he's starting to stand all by himself. Soon...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
I love when he gets mad in the video! That is classic. I mimic the docs words...haha! It is more fun but also more challenging!
He is so cute and you are right about the little boy thing, he has changed so much since I last saw him. I actually think the tantrums get easier...they get more severe, but the older they get, the more you can reason with them! Can't wait to see you on Tuesday!
That's the hard part about names, nobady ever calls them what you name them. If you ask Banks what his name is, he answers with "Boo" or "Boozer"! I am so glad Tate is hanging around 50% - it is hard to have them on the little side. We'are keeping our fingers crossed for him! I have some cute pictures of the 24th that I will send you.
I can't believe how big he is! He's so cute! It will be fun to catch up with you this week!
Hey Ashley! Just dropped in to see how you guys were doing! You have such a cute family! Tate is so adorable! Hope you are having a great summer!
where does that temper come from? it will be so fun for you when he gets old enough to watch and understand the utes games!
I just blog stalked into your space and feel like a lurker if I dont leave a comment! Adorable family, and good luck with your soon to be walker! You think the tantrums are bad now.....
So Yeah...the tantrum thing...I really have no advice because I still can't get it under control...but It is good that you walk away at home....Walmart I just go on with my business and ignore or threaten...which might work when he gets a little bigger. That is so fun that he is almost walking...one year olds are so busy...good luck!!!
Hey this Tuesday we were getting the old gang from HS together at Taylorsville park at 11:00 am. If your interested in coming just let me know and the info is on my blog. I would love to see you and Tate!
It looks like you had a fun time with your family for Tate's birthday. I can't believe he's a year old! It's amazing how much they learn to do and how much they grow in that short amount of time. It sounds like he's the typical kid. We'd like to see him soon, tantrums and all!
Post a Comment