So Tate had his 6 month dr. appointment on Tuesday....I hate those days. It's not just the fact that they get so many shots, it's how the rest of the day is horrible. He was cranky, fussy, feverish-I don't blame him. I'd be pissed too if I had 5 shots at once. But he was also old enough to have the flu shot (well, the first half of it); and I don't know if I'm going back to get the other one next month. All Tuesday and Wednesday he had a 102 fever and screamed for hours, he wouldn't sleep, wouldn't eat....it was awful. Has anyone else had this happen when their kids got the flu shot? Am I a bad mother for not wanting to go back for the other one?
The one good thing that came out of that appointment was Tate peed all over the doctor. :)
5 comments:
You know, Koen got really sick from the flu shot last year too! He was about the same age (6 months) it was miserable, and I didnt take him back! Ü
I really hate "The Dreaded Shots" we did that last week too! No fun at all.
Calyn did not get the flu shot. My pediatrician said that if she didn't attend daycare (which she doesn't) then she didn't recommend it. Since she stays home with me all day and doesn't have siblings in school (and not preemie, etc.)then it was unnecessary. For some reason, I'm not a fan of the flu shot. I've never had one and been just fine.
Hey Ashley, it's Tiffany Browning! I saw your blog on Annilee's site so I thought I'd come say Hi! Your poor little guy, I hate shots! My pediatrician said Riley or Reagan didn't need them yet since they're pretty much only around eachother...and cousins. But they aren't in daycare or Preschool yet so they should be fine. I don't think I would go for the other half of the shot either if he was that sick! No, you're not a bad Mom AT ALL! I read on the side of your blog that you live in Riverton, we just bought a house there and move in the end of February. Do you love it where you're at? Sorry such a long comment, it's good to hear you and your family are doing great!
Hey, we won't be too far from you! We'll be on 12200 S. and 2900 W. in the Heritage Farms neighborhood. I've always loved Riverton and now it's even nicer! We'll be close to The District, which I love and still we're close to Redwood too. Perfect. I can't wait. We needed to find something somewhat central so that all of my clients have easy access to my house. I'm way excited.
Post a Comment