So this past weekend we spontaneously decided to go to Vegas. Jord's family was going for the Utah game, and we up and decided Friday morning to leave....that same day! So in about 2 hours we decided, booked our room, packed up and drove out. I was so worried about how Tate would do on the 6 hour drive, but he did amazing. Lots of movies on the dvd player and lots of chocolate...those kept him occupied!
On Saturday we walked the strip and it was so hot! It was nice having 90 degree weather again. We saw the Bellagio fountains, Coke and M & M Factories, and the Shark Reef Aquarium at Mandalay Bay. It doesn't sound like much but walking to all of them took all day--we were exhausted! I was so proud of Tate too, he didn't nap the whole weekend and acted so good, I couldn't believe it. He loved all the people, lights, and chaos of it all. Maybe I should be worried that my son already loves Vegas??
This was the best family picture we got...whatever
That's right....we stood on a corner right next to K-Fed and he is getting pretty fat. Jord thought I should go ask for a picture with him but I think he's a dirt bag so I didn't really want to. The distant shot was good enough.
Drinking the best Coke slushees EVER at the Coke Factory. I got about 3 sips and Tate chugged the rest, he wouldn't let it go. I have no idea why he was hyper the rest of the day. (Can you tell we are a Utes family??:)
Grandma Kathy let the boys all pick out one thing at the M & M Factory to buy...this is what Tate chose. A big dorky car with the M & M guys in it, super. 
Since the Utah game was pretty late that night and I wasn't going to take Tate to it, Jord stayed with us so we weren't alone. We went swimming and just relaxed at the hotel. Then Sunday the boys just swam and we left that afternoon for home. I'm so glad we ended up going even just for a few days, it was so much fun, we had a great time!
9 comments:
I'm jealous! We were going to go a couple of weeks ago for the Y game and ended up not. No fair!
That is so fun, sometimes it is better to do things spontaneously so that you don't have to worry and dread the preparation. You are starting to look like an expactant mommy, so cute!
Awe what a fun last minute trip! I love it. I love that you saw K-Fed, how cool...I mean it could have been someone cooler but just to see a star in real life is pretty neat. haha he is chubs huh?
I love the m&m car so cute! we are heading that way day after halloween, any advice of where TO go with kids in a couple of hours?
I love how you went to the "Utes game," but never actually went to the Utes game. A vacation none the less. I like the classic tate goofy look in the first picture and I can hear the crazy laugh that went with it. I wish I could've seen K-fed. Im a huge fan of his!
Last minute road trips are the best. And chugging a coke slushee...no wonder he was good with no nap! We'll have to try that next time we are out during naptime :).
You got to love Vegas..I am not sure if you should be scared or not that Tate loved it so much. I think Kfed is a dirt bag too! We were there the weekend before for a race I did with my SIL...Steve and my BIL got to see the strip, I didnt make it there, Sad! I love VEGAS! So Chocolate and DVD's? I'll have to try that when Katy gets older and wont sleep the whole way down!
So glad he was good on the ride!!! That is a major plus. Okay so I don't even know who Kfed is...um nope? That was nice that Tate got to pick something at M&M...you could trade your arm in for the price of one M&M...ha!
So yes I did cancel face book...you actually inspired me. It was a pointless waste of time, although it was nice to just blast someone a message. I am finding I have a lot more time for what I should be doing...ya know!
So glad you guys had a fun trip!
How fun!! you make me wanna go to vegas now!! :)
Post a Comment