Monday, July 21, 2008

The Ranch and Tate's Birthday!

Last week all of my family went up to Jordan's parents cabin (did that make sense?). We try to go at least once a year, but since Tate was born we haven't gone at all. I always forget how amazing it is up there! It's so secluded in the mountains and there's so much to do--swim, go hot tubbing, four-wheeling, hike, eat and just relax. Here's some highlights... Hailey, Alexa, Tate and Meg swinging away.
There are all sorts of mounted animals up there, which would probably scare the normal 1 year old, but he was so fascinated-he wanted to touch them all.
Not the best picture, but it's the only one I got of all us girls

And then while we were there--my baby turned one!! It really feels like just yesterday I was sitting in the hospital freaked out not knowing how to change a boys diaper (amongst many other terrifying things). We did a little family party and stripped Tate down to mutilate his own cake--which he did a very good job at. The only downside was he started getting sick on his birthday with some sort of cold and fever, so he was a bit cranky.

This pretty much sums up his excitement for all the cool presents everyone gave him--he was more interested in the balloons.



Then when we got home from the ranch, we did a little party with Jord's family:

this is what Tate got from mom and dad--and he can't get enough of it! We go round and round our circle.... Tate with his cousins Kaige and Max

Last week was so much fun at the cabin and celebrating Taters birthday with both families...thanks for all his presents!

12 comments:

Amie said...

What a fun little trip. We love going up to Steve's cabin also. Cam is always asking when we will get to go again. It looks like you guys had a fun party also. Those cakes are so cute. Boy does time fly I also can't believe that Tate is 1 that means that my baby will be 1 soon. It seems like it was just recently that all of us cousins were pregnant together.

Hess Fam said...

Looks way fun! Isn't it crazy how fast time flies!! Wait until your on kid number 2 it goes even faster!

Lindsay said...

Happy Birthday Tate!!! I can't believe that he is already 1. I also can't believe that I've only seen him twice in is whole life. Looks like you guys had a fun time.

The Loves said...

Wow, those are some cute cousins he has! THanks for letting us celebrate Tater's birthday. I hope that he is feeling better!

Anonymous said...

It is so crazy how fast that first year flies by. Libby will be one next month and that just seems unreal. What a cute little one year old Tate is though. One year olds are so busy...I am remembering now. That cabin looks awesome. What a fun family outing...I love seeing pics of the Wakefield Clan.
My parents and my Bro's bought just a small cabin but it is so fun just to go and relax.
Happy Birthday to your little Tater and to you for making through the first year...Yahoo!!!

Jeni said...

Happy First Birthday, Tater Tot!

Team Beardshall said...

Looks like you know how to celebrate!!! The cake pictures are my favorite!!!

Laurie & Clint said...

Wow! time flies! he is such a cute little boy! I am glad he had a fun birthday. Looks like you guys had the perfect weekend. I miss the mountains

jay and holl said...

yeah ranch! we were there just before you. and I think i left some brushes there. do you know if anyone found them? I cant believe how fast that first year goes, its sad and good at the same time. this next year will be so fun for you. they learn something new everyday!

Anonymous said...

Okay so Ashley, I am totally sitting on a laptop in Lava hot springs because I wanted to let you know what the trick has been with getting all of my kids to sleep through the night...now I am telling you this because I know how hard life can be without a full nights sleep...I waited a lot longer with Libby because I just didn't want it to interupt my other kids...my trick is to let them cry it out...prob sounds mean...however, it has worked and worked fast with all of my girls. Whitley and claire were both sleeping through the night by 3-4 months old. The first night is going to be rough, I wont lie. Some people say it breaks their hearts to let their kids cry...so if you feel bad maybe it is not for you...but my sanity is worth one night of crying. Libs until about 2 weeks ago was still waking up about 5:00 a.m. to eat and I was just sick of getting up so early and I was reminded that at this age they don't need to be doing that anymore...it took one night of letting her work it out by herself at 5:00 a.m. and ever since she has been sleeping from 7 to 7...Yahoo!!!
I hope that helps, nothing is more amazing than a full nights sleep! good luck!

The Behunin Five said...

I am glad your family could all get together. How fun. It looks like Hailey is doing better. I hope so. Happy birthday to your one year old. Trust me the years go by way too fast.

melynda said...

happy birthday tate! that party looks great, i love the car, and the cakes are adorable.