Monday, July 7, 2008

Newport Beach!

We just got back from a fabulous trip to Newport with Jord's family. It was 8 days of lounging, the beach, Disneyland and eating! I was so nervous and worried about how Tate would do that I think I developed an ulcer. But he ended up doing amazing! He actually acted and even slept better than he does at home--go figure. So for that, I was grateful. He loved all the rides at Disneyland, and wasn't scared at all of the fireworks--he kept "ooohing" and "aaaahing" the whole time.

The "Buzz Lightyear" ride was the best, you got to shoot guns at these targets & as you can tell, we were pretty into it.



Tate wasn't so sure what to think of the beach-the water was really cold so he wasn't about to get in. He basically sat on the sand and ate the whole time....whatever floats your boat I guess.

For the 4th of July, we went down to Laguna Beach and watched fireworks. It was amazing to sit right on the sand with the waves coming up and the fireworks right above our heads--I'm sorry, but Sugarhouse has nothing on that!

We had such a great time playing and relaxing, it was hard to come home. I though sharing a condo with 11 other people would be a nightmare, but it was so fun! I can't wait until next May when we go again with them all to Hawaii!!

12 comments:

Alesha said...

So so so fun! I want to go! I am glad Tate did so well!

The Loves said...

So, I finally updated my blog before you - by a few hours!!!But, you had to steal my pictureS!! all kidding aside, Tate did so much better than his older cousin Banks! Just think, Tate will be 2 when we go to Hawaii! Ha Ha Ha

Jeni said...

Fun vacation!! I think we're going to try to go to Disney World in Florida at Halloween.

Just thought I'd let you know that "New Kids" has a concert coming up here in New Orleans. Every time I hear an advertisement on the radio, I think of you:)

Allyson said...

I love your swimming suit! It's so cute! And your pictures are so fun! I'm jealous, it sounds like it was a really nice trip.

Anonymous said...

Ashely, it looks like you guys had a blast. I need a vacation....and I am so glad that Tate did well...such a relief. so glad you had fun.

Ann said...

I'm glad you all had a fun time and that Tate did so well. I need to get my family to take a trip like that - I could use it! I emailed Megan and she thinks we should try to go out to dinner some time in August. I think it would be a great idea.

melynda said...

i wish i could go to the beach! how fun, i am glad to hear tate did so good linc is a monster on vacation!

Burke and Hayley said...

What a fun trip! I am jealous! I am glad to hear Tate did so well. Tell all the Love fam hi!

The Behunin Five said...

Ashley,
I got to your blog from Ann's. It sure is fun seeing your family. I don't know when I saw you last? I hope you received the invite to my blog. Take care.
Tiffany

jay and holl said...

i am so jealous! we were supposed to go do that same trip with the torgs in August, but it got cancelled. i was fine with it til i saw your pics and all the fun you had.

Amie said...

What a fun trip. That is so great that Tate did so well. I always get nervous about going places for fear that Camrie will not do well. We should have done more traveling before having a kid.

No Jen has not talked to me yet. That would be way fun to get together. We don't get together often enough.

Lindsay said...

Looks like you guys had so much fun. I am so jealous.